Teaching Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving Skills in the Classroom
This an in-depth guide every teacher should have to make sure all our children grow to be critical thinkers. It is aimed at children aged 7 to 17 so it’s suitable for all school levels.
Critical thinking is an essential skill that we should all have. Especially in the day and age when we are surrounded by facts, opinions, media slants and misleading information.
Teaching Critical Thinking and problem-solving skills to students will ensure they are well-equipped to succeed.
In this manual of over 100 pages, presented in eBook format, you will be given step-by-step guides on all the methods and strategies for teaching critical thinking and problem-solving skills in the classroom. You also get pages of examples to use and adapt (from puzzles to safe classroom experiments) for ALL ages. You will be taken through what it is, its background and development and how to use it and teach it in all your lessons, no matter what subject you are teaching.
Main Chapters of Teaching Critical Thinking
- Who Developed Critical Thinking?
- Key Strategies for Teaching Problem-Solving Skills
- Modelling The Process
- An Example of Using the Modelling Process in Geography
- Providing Opportunities for Practice
- Debate Topics
- Encouraging Collaboration
- How to Encourage Collaboration – An Example
- Asking Open-ended Questions
- Open-Ended Question Examples
- Using technology
- Providing Feedback
- Finding the Root Cause
- Ways to Engage Students in Critical Thinking (ages 7 to 17)
- Promoting Analytical and Logical Reasoning
- Teaching Effective Communication Skills
- Engaging Parents and Families in Promoting Critical Thinking
- Sustaining and Evolving Critical Thinking Practices
- Historic Critical Thinkers
- Tools to Use
It is essential that every teacher knows how to present critical thinking in every lesson. This manual shows you how!
Get your copy today and share it will all teachers in your school!
Thats right! ONE small price means all your teachers in your school will be able to learn these skills!
There are no reviews yet.