The Guide to Basic English
For Teachers and Students
This Kit provides the basics of written English for your students.
This version is for use in schools. For personal use or to purchase student textbooks, please see “Basic English – A Guide to Writing”
With the introduction of “txt language” used on mobiles and social networks, many children are finding it hard to get it right when it comes to composing understandable sentences. This resource will provide your students with all the basics of English. Employers are continuously stating that job applicants are not meeting basic arithmetic, English and IT skills. The Guide to Basic English kit will help your students or children to reach that level of competency in English needed in every career or business.
Students will be shown how to construct simple and complex sentences and how to understand all the words that they are using and if they are correct for the message they want to put across.
Teachers can use this kit to prepare lesson plans and students can use the contents to learn by themselves. Ideal for either the teachers’ library, home or internal student network.
Teaching written English at all levels
Suitable for all levels of teaching, primary to secondary.
- The Alphabet – Capitals and lowercase.
- Nouns, Pronouns, Adjectives, Verbs, Adverbs, Irregular verbs, Contractions and Prepositions. Singular and Plural.
- Sentences, paragraphs and punctuation.
- Question words – asking and answering questions.
- Describing things.
- Talking about Quantities.
- Words are used in many ways.
- Talking about numbers, days, months and times.
- Reading comprehension.
- Question and answer worksheets for students to complete.
- Plus over 60 E-Books that you can read straight from your computer of classical English literature including such titles as Gullivers Travels, Pride and Prejudice, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Three Musketeers, War and Peace, Treasure Island, Around the World in 80 days, Tarzan of the Apes, Greek Philosophy, the works of Shakespeare and much more!
All resources are presented in Word, PDF and web-browser format for ease of use and printing from any operating system (PC or Mac).
Use this resource in a classroom situation or copy the separate student tutorials to your school network or library computers.
Also ideal for learning from home!
PLUS: You get a complete set of PDF worksheets you can complete on your device or print out and complete manually!
If you would like a free English tutor to help you speak English, please use Cambly.
To help you with your spelling and grammar as you type, we use and highly recommend even the free version of Grammarly (click on “Apps” on that link for the free apps).