Teaching Basic Mathematics
How to Teach or Learn Basic Mathematics
We all know and have seen young people that cannot perform simple calculations without the aid of a calculator. This resource can help you in teaching basic mathematics and for your school to revive the “old ways” and teach your students the basics they really need. Employers are continuously stating that job applicants are not meeting basic arithmetic, English and IT skills. This kit will help your students or children to reach that level needed in every career or business.
All your basic mathematics lessons in one place
This kit teaches ways of mental calculations, working on paper and showing their calculations, using basics blocks and times tables and much more. They will also be shown how to calculate the right amount of change to expect when they use cash in a store. See our life skills pack for more skills like this.
Guides and worksheets
Contains lesson plans for teachers to use, tests for students, colourful guides for students to follow and many references for both teachers and students to use from their computers or print and use.
Teach foundational basic maths at all levels
Guide to Basic Maths:
- Ten, Units, Hundreds, Thousands.
- All the basics of Addition.
- All the basics of Subtraction.
- All the basics of Multiplication and times tables.
- All the basics of Division and long division.
- Combining multiple calculations (BODMAS). measures and conversions.
- Calculating without a calculator and showing your work.
- Mental arithmetic tips, tricks and lessons.
- E-books and links on basic Trigonometry, Geometry, Algebra, and Weights.
- Fractions and percentages.
- Roman numerals.
- Telling the time – examples and worksheets.
- Worksheets to print.
- PowerPoint presentations on numbers and basic mathematics like decimal mathematics, money and getting the right change.
PLUS: A complete set of worksheets in PDF format you can print or fill in on your device.
All resources are presented in Word, PDF and web-browser format for ease of use and printing from any operating system (PC or Mac). Give everyone the best chance by providing them with the basics they will need in day-to-day life.