Strategic Planning for Schools
UPDATE: Now includes a Google Doc version for ease of sharing with your staff!
Legislation for improving schools’ planning and reporting became law on 1 January 2023. Part of this includes the requirements for schools to create three-year strategic plans and an annual implementation plan. Although this guide is written for New Zealand, it can be used by schools internationally.
This 60-page “Strategic Planning for Schools” eBook shows you how to do this and more! If you need to get ahead in creating or updating your plans, this book is for you.
If you want to train staff to work on teams to reach goals, this book is also for you.
Short of hiring a project coordinator to research and write your strategic plans, this guide will help you understand what to do and provide you with a crash course in strategic planning, project development and management.
Developing a strategic plan is an essential process for schools that requires careful consideration of many factors that affect the educational outcomes of students. A strategic plan is a blueprint that outlines the goals, objectives, and actions required to achieve the school’s vision and mission. In this eBook, we will discuss the steps involved in developing:
- The three-year strategic plan.
- The annual implementation plans.
First, we will look at the outline and then go over each step in more detail.
These guidelines were written by Interweb Education staff who have been involved with assisting and writing resources for schools for over 20 years. The writers are also qualified in business planning, project management and system analysis and written in plain language and in easy-to-follow steps on every aspect of project management and plan development. Also included are links to many online tools you can use in everyday schooling and project management.
The contents include:
- Strategic Planning for Schools
- General outline for developing a strategic plan
- Defining the school’s vision and mission
- Conducting a SWOT analysis
- Identifying strategic goals and objectives
- Developing an action plan
- Implementation and monitoring
- Project Planning
- Project Lifecycle Steps
- Reaching long-term objectives through yearly plans
- Steps to Create Annual Plans
- Reviewing the school’s three-yearly strategic plan
- Identify annual goals and objectives
- Developing action steps
- Setting Timelines
- Assigning roles and responsibilities
- Allocating Resources
- Additional Uses for ToolsEstablishing Performance Measures
- Monitoring and evaluating the progress of the annual plan
- Example of a Strategic Plan
- Further guides and Additional Planning tools
Get your copy today and share it with teachers in your school!